Oliver Auto Body
A long history of quality craftsmanship
This success story began on February 2, 1932, the bottom of the Great Depression-no time to start a business. But Oliver Lamoureux did and today, the firm he founded-Oliver Auto Body, is now a third-generation auto body repair shop. The first location opened on a wintery day in 1932 in a three-car garage on Shawmut Street in Holyoke, MA. The first expansion came in 1941 when Oliver Auto Body moved to a larger shop on Dwight Street, its present location in Holyoke.
In 1945, Oliver Lamoureux and his brother Lionel bought The Auto Body and Fenders Company of Mason Street in Springfield, MA. After changing the name of the new company to Oliver Auto Body, a corporation was formed On November 24, 1952 with the Springfield and Holyoke locations. Later that year, the firm moved the Mason Street facility to its current location on Bay Street.
1060 Bay Street Springfield, MA 01109
1519 Dwight Street Holyoke, MA 01040
Meet our Team
Oliver Lamoureux started the Holyoke
location in 1932. Brother Lionel
Lamoureux started the Springfield location
the same year, a different location than current. Lionel’s son, Normand, took over in the ’60s
and built up the business to (6) shops, salvage yards, towing, and became the largest in NE. Normand’s son Paul started working on school vacations in 1968, took over in 1996.
Employed since 1981
Manager Holyoke Office/Appraiser
Employed since 1991
Shop Manager Springfield
Employed since 1977
Employed since 2014
Employed since 2009